I tutor Chess from complete beginner level upwards.
Why choose me as a Chess Tutor?
- I have been playing Chess for over 30 years
- Extremely punctual
- A simple Opening repertoire for beginners
- I can teach what is and isn't important about Opening theory
- Very easy to understand explanation of the two special Chess moves
- Learning how to convert a winning position more easily
- Economy of thought and time in Chess tournaments
If the pupil is not happy or unable to play in Chess tournaments, they can still join a Chess club and still play one graded game at each event, instead of loads of games. It is important the pupil enjoys Chess and only plays in matches if they really want to.
I tutor Chess mainly in or near North West London, Central London and South London.
Please see my verifiable testimonials.
I charge from £40 per hour for my Chess teaching and extra for long journeys to the pupil.
How to contact me
Please call me on
There should be at least one adult in the house where I tutor and coach.
My profile can also be found on First Tutors to see what customers say about my teaching there too.